- Category: Deal Announcements
- Created: Monday, 19 May 2014 20:36
- Written by Craig Castelli, Caber Hill Advisors
Caber Hill Advisors announced today that it assisted in the sale of three audiology practices. The transactions involved sellers in Illinois, Maryland, and Michigan. Two of the practices were purchased by independent buyers while the third was acquired by a large retail chain. Perhaps the most unique element is that all three transactions closed in less than six months from the date that Caber Hill was retained by the seller.
Craig Castelli, Caber Hill's Founder and CEO, led the transactions. Caber Hill has closed seven transactions in the past six months; six of the seven have involved audiology and hearing aid practices.
Acquisition activity remains strong in the hearing aid industry and is supported by macro trends as global M&A activity so far has outperformed 2013. In the U.S., total Q1 M&A value increased by 55.9% according to M&A intelligence firm MergerMarket. While such data will never be available in the hearing aid industry due to the private nature of transactions, the industry is believed to be experiencing similar results.
The growth can be attributed to three factors:
- An increase in the number of sellers. The majority of practice owners are baby boomers and the number of owners planning to retire increases each year.
- The return of corporate buyers. Several corporate buyers have ramped up acquisition activity for 2014, fueling exits.
- Increased resources for independent buyers. Financing and acquisition support is becoming increasingly accessible to independent buyers, and more sellers are choosing to decline offers from corporate buyers in order to keep their practice in independent hands.
For more information about Caber Hill Advisors and how they can help you explore the sale of your practice, visit them online at www.caberhill.com or call (312) 441-0779