- Category: Industry News
- Created: Friday, 02 January 2015 19:22
- Written by Craig Castelli
We'd like to wish all of our clients, business partners, families and friends a very happy new year and nothing but happiness and success in 2015.
We closed 2014 with a bang, completing our 10th and 11th transactions of the year. Not bad for our first year! As we look forward to 2015, we expect the deal markets to remain strong. As the baby boomer generation gets another year older, more business owners will plan for the sale of their businesses - and the financial markets will answer the call by providing the liquidity these owners seek.
Some have prognosticated that over the next ten year we will experience the greatest generational wealth transfer in history. A simple look at business ownership statistics supports this claim, as baby boomers own an estimated 63% of all businesses in the U.S.
While we are active in several markets, we expect acquisition activity to remain strongest in the following sectors:
- Healthcare (specifically: ambulatory surgery centers; behavioral health facilities; private practices and practice management groups in the following sectors: audiology/hearing aids, dental, optometry, physical therapy, veterinary; medical staffing; and, revenue cycle management)
- Food & Beverage
- Facilities Maintenance (specifically, lawn maintenance, landscaping, and janitorial)
- Business Services (specifically, document and information management and cloud-based technologies)
So here's to a great 2015! If you own a business and haven't yet developed an exit plan, give us a call and one of our experts will help ensure you reap the rewards of a successful transaction.